If you struggle with impatience like me, the following may be helpful when speaking to others:
1. Don’t say the first thing that comes to mind. Refine it until it is kind.
2. Genuinely listen. Take an active interest even if you’re not interested at first or have heard it before.
3. Look for what is good and commend that.
4. Talk less and talk later.
5. Practice the habit of sleeping over things or taking a walk before responding.
These are short-term fixes. Ultimately, what you really want to develop is respect. Respect for others, no matter their station.
You also need to work on the structure. There are some people in your organization you should not be working with.
The gap between you and them is too wide, hence the frustration. Focus on building a management cadre of people who are on the same wavelength as you.
For more, please read The Need to EvolveFocus on building a management cadre of people who are on the same wavelength as you. Click To Tweet