In this article, I share a few principles SMEs should imbibe as they aspire to greatness. I call them the SME Code.
1. I am worthy of respect. I should be treated like a professional.
2. I deserve to be paid. In your business, you don’t give out stuff for free, therefore, kindly extend the same courtesy.
3. I have a right to prosper. If my services help you to make millions, do not begrudge me the right to use the same skills to make billions for myself.
4. My charges reflect value. If you cannot pay, kindly refrain from emotional blackmail. Simply negotiate fairly.
5. I have plans to be great. If you see me in first class someday; It is not the money you paid me that facilitated it – I have other clients besides you. Don’t be envious.
6. Service is honourable. I take pride in my work.
7. Don’t abuse relationships. I won’t price myself at a loss because of our relationship. If you really mean well, you wouldn’t ask me to.In this article, I share a few principles SMEs should imbibe as they aspire to greatness. Click To Tweet