Everyone has a Million Dollar List – a catalogue of things they would do in a heartbeat if they won the lottery.
It’s a selfish list. It’s not what you would do to change the world. I’m sure that’s written down somewhere. This is a purely avaricious list. Those indulgent things you look forward to, when you no longer have to worry about money and can afford them. So for this list, imagine you had a million Dollars tax-free every year.
Here’s my list:
1. I would perform, record and distribute a song written by Dianne Warren.
2. I would buy a bad-ass Ducati.
3. I would own a sustainable farm in a genteel countryside with a helipad for my city commute.
4. I would take a significant stake in a media empire.
5. I would go on a shopping spree that would make Kim Kardashian jealous.
6. I would take my friends on a 5-star foreign trip.
7. I would have a retinue of staff so I can ignore anything mundane.
Now, seeing that I don’t have much more to add to my selfish list, let me present my change-the-world list too.
1. Endow a foundation focused on getting the best and brightest into spaces of power and influence.
2. Help the ‘forgotten’ – people left for dead, prisoners, the poor and the aged.
4. Promote and distribute intelligent and values-based media with pop appeal.
5. Seed creative social enterprises.
6. Start an annual fora to promote dialogue, tolerance and understanding.
7. Fund private sector participation and focused lobbying in infrastructure development.
What’s on your list?Everyone has a Million Dollar List - a catalogue of things they would do in a heartbeat if they won the lottery. Here's mine. Click To Tweet
2 Thoughts to “Million Dollar List”
LOL @ number 4: …” just control it”
I so agree with number 7 on your change the world section.
Interesting list…I’m already thinking up my list
May your wishlist come true! Humanity will be better off for it. Started reading your book NoBullshit. Am still amazed such amazing piece of literature can be available for free download.
Dont stop blogging please.