I have noticed 10 main struggles of the rich in my part of the world. Particularly among those who legitimately earned their status through hard work.
1. You will often have money and not find what to buy. This is especially a struggle if you have good taste. You will discover that the most basic standards of quality, efficiency and service are not easy to find. Where present, they are expensive and hoarded by closed networks.
2. You will learn that true wealth is not money but people. No matter how lofty your ideas are, if you cannot find trustworthy folks to execute your dreams, you will suffer pain. Good people can afford to work for anyone they choose. So, there will always be an employer with deeper pockets or grander dreams than you.
3. You will struggle with relationships. God help you if you didn’t build a tribe before becoming rich. You may wonder if people are with you for you or for your wealth.
4. You will grapple with loneliness. At some point, depending on how good you are at what you do, finding peers you can relate with may prove difficult.
5. Evolution will be hard for you. You’ve succeeded using a formula and you may fear changing it now.
6. You may have thoughts about meaning. You practiced delayed gratification for a long time. So after the initial spending spree, you just don’t want a lot of stuff anymore. Your preference is to do something meaningful with your wealth but you wonder what that should be.
7. You realize that the real currency in this part of the world is power not money. A lowly government official can determine your destiny, no matter how rich you are.
8. Time becomes a limited resource. You often prioritize anything and anyone that can save you time.
9. If you are famous, privacy will be something you miss. You will long to experience the real world like others do and may even resent your gilded cage.
10. You may experience a crisis of conscience. Money, power and pride rarely mix well with character. Chances are you’ll have a destructive phase or two before settling on what really matters.
For more, please read Money Does not Stop Nonsense.True wealth resides in people not money. No matter how lofty your ideas are, if you cannot find trustworthy folks to execute your dreams, you will struggle. Click To Tweet