I have built a corporate and personal reputation over time. Therefore, I approach board invitations with responsibility.
On this page, I provide a list of items I request and consider, before accepting a board position:
1. Proof of all beneficial directors (for instance, as listed on the MEMART) accompanied by the LinkedIn URLs of those directors.
2. Company organogram with links to the LinkedIn profiles of the executive team.
3. List of all existing subsidiaries of the business or stakes by the business in other organizations.
4. Audited accounts or management accounts, if a startup.
5. Proof of tax and CAC filings.
6. Physical and active business address.
7. Active business phone number.
8. Description of my role on the Board, with time requirements.
9. Statement of whether the role is pro bono or paid. If paid, the budgeted remuneration per director.
10. A list of individuals the founder listens to and who can call them to order (whether parent, mentor, or loved one).
In addition to the information, I ask if the promoter will accept an independent background check where necessary (at my own expense). This is to verify there is no pending criminal/civil case against the business/key officers nor any substantive public scandal.
For more, please read https://www.subomiplumptre.com/integrity-2I have built a corporate and personal reputation over time. Therefore, I approach board invitations with responsibility. Click To Tweet